- pursuance (n.)
- 1590s, from Middle French poursuiance "act of pursuing," from Old French poursuir (see pursue).
- 1. He ordered disclosure of a medical report to the Metropolitan Police in pursuance of an investigation of murder.
- 2. All this has been done as excuses for their continued pursuance of a policy of aggression and expansion.
- 3. He was wounded in the pursuance of his duty.
- 4. In pursuance of her father's peremptory command, Sophia now admitted Mr. Blifil's visit.
- 为了服从她父亲专断的命令, 苏菲亚接见了布利非先生.
- 5. Pursuance excellence and continuous innovation is the sprite of our factory.
[ pursuance 造句 ]