CET6+ TEM8 IELTS GRE
词根alle, 相异，不同。词根erg, 驱动，同urge, work.
- allergy:  Allergy was borrowed from German allergie, which was coined in 1906 by the scientist C E von Pirquet. He formed it from Greek allos ‘other, different’ and érgon ‘work’ (source of English energy and related to English work). Its original application was to a changed physiological condition caused by an injection of some foreign substance.
=> energy, work
- allergy (n.)
- 1911, from German Allergie, coined 1906 by Austrian pediatrician Clemens E. von Pirquet (1874-1929) from Greek allos "other, different, strange" (see alias (adv.)) + ergon "activity" (see organ).
- 1. Allergy to cats is one of the commonest causes of asthma.
- 2. Frequently sufferers of this kind of allergy are also sufferers of asthma.
- 3. I developed a temporary allergy to the company of couples.
- 4. I have an allergy to animal hair.
- 5. He developed an allergy to pollen.
[ allergy 造句 ]