- quartet (n.)
- 1773, "musical composition for four instruments or voices," from French quartette, from Italian quartetto, diminutive of quarto "fourth," from Latin quartus "fourth" (see quart). Meaning "set of four singers or musical performers" is from 1814.
- 1. The guests were entertained by a string quartet.
- 2. a Beethoven string quartet
- 3. A quartet is playing tonight.
- 4. Our quartet was out hustling and we knew we stood good to take in a lot of change before the night was over.
- 5. The String Quartet No. 1 is an early work, composed in California in 1941.
[ quartet 造句 ]