- n. 礼物；[税收] 贡物；颂词；（尤指对死者的）致敬，悼念，吊唁礼物
CET6 TEM4 GRE 考 研 TOEFL
来自拉丁语 tribuere,支付，分配，给予，部落间的财富分配或其它，来自 tribus,部落，词源 同 tribe.引申词义贡品，贡金等。
- tribute (n.)
- mid-14c., "stated sum of money or other valuable consideration paid by one ruler or country to another in acknowledgment of submission or as the price of peace or protection," from Anglo-French tribute, Old French tribut and directly from Latin tributum "tribute, a stated payment, a thing contributed or paid," noun use of neuter of tributus, past participle of tribuere "to pay, assign, grant," also "allot among the tribes or to a tribe," from tribus (see tribe). Sense of "offering, gift, token" is first recorded 1580s.
- 1. The song is a tribute to Roy Orbison.
- 2. The award was a fitting tribute to her years of devoted work.
- 3. At her funeral her oldest friend paid tribute to her life and work.
- 4. She accepted their tribute graciously.
- 5. All rose and stood in silent tribute.
[ tribute 造句 ]