英 [ɪn'daʊ; en-]
CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
1、en- "in" + dow-.
2. dare "to give" (see date) => dow-.
en-, 进入，使。-dow, 给予，词源同donate, dowry.
- endow: see dowry
- endow (v.)
- late 14c., indowen "provide an income for," from Anglo-French endover, from en- "in" (see en- (1)) + Old French douer "endow," from Latin dotare "bestow" (see dowry). Related: Endowed; endowing.
- 1. Herbs have been used for centuries to endow a whole range of foods with subtle flavours.
- 2. Ramon had managed to endow the figurine with a primitive beauty.
- 3. The polyphonic features endow Light in August with eternal vitality.
- 4. Mathematics seems to endow one with something like a new sense.
- 5. Dog training can endow with a remarkable extent of contentment.
[ endow 造句 ]