- angora (n.)
- type of wool, 1810, from Angora, city in central Turkey (ancient Ancyra, modern Ankara), which gave its name to the goat (1745 in English), and to its silk-like wool, and to a cat whose fur resembles it (1771 in English). The city name is from the Greek word for "anchor, bend" (see angle (n.)).
- 1. He defeated the Turkish Sultan , Bayazid the Thunderbolt, at Angora in 1402 , and took him prisoner.
- 1402年,他在安哥拉击败了土耳其苏丹, 并俘虏了他.
来自英汉非文学 - 文明史
- 2. People of their village earned a big fortune from Angora rabbit farming.
- 3. No, Angora angora fiber comes from rabbits. Angora goats produce mohair.
- 错, 安哥拉呢来自兔子, 安哥拉山羊生产出的是马海毛.
- 4. Knitted long fluffy feather print cardigan. 54 % Nylon, 40 % Angora, 6 % Lambswool.
- 长款羽毛图案针织羊毛衫, 54%尼龙, 40%安哥拉羊毛, 6%羔羊毛.
- 5. No, Angola fibre angora fiber in fact comes from rabbits.
- 不, 安哥拉纤维事实上来自兔子.
[ angora 造句 ]