slip,滑出，滑动，shod,穿鞋的，来自 shoe 的过去分词形式。引申比喻义马虎的。
- slipshod (adj.)
- 1570s, "wearing slippers or loose shoes," from slip (v.) + shod "wearing shoes." Sense of "slovenly, careless" is from 1815, probably from the notion of appearing like one in slippers, or whose shoes are down at the heels.
- 1. I was angry at his slipshod work.
- 2. The subject is taught in a slipshod manner.
- 3. This is very slipshod work.
- 4. Don't do your work in a slipshod manner . You should be conscientious and have a sense of responsibility.
- 对工作不能随随便便, 要认真负责.
- 5. The hotel had always been run in a slipshod way.
[ slipshod 造句 ]