- vt. 近似；使…接近；粗略估计
- vi. 接近于；近似于
- adj. [数] 近似的；大概的
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
前缀ap-同ad-.词根prop, 接近，向前，pro的扩大形式。-m, 最高级后缀.
- approximate: see proximity
- approximate (adj.)
- early 15c., from Latin approximatus, past participle of approximare "to come near to," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + proximare "come near," from proximus "nearest," superlative of prope "near" (see propinquity).
- approximate (v.)
- early 15c., "to bring or put close," from approximate (adj.). Meaning "to come close" is from 1789. Related: Approximated; approximating.
- 1. The times are approximate only.
- 2. The Prime Minister has made a statement closely approximate to a falsehood.
- 3. The builder gave an approximate cost for fixing the roof.
- 4. The approximate date of his departure is next month.
- 5. They did not have even an approximate idea what the Germans really wanted.
[ approximate 造句 ]