- adj. 故意的；深思熟虑的；从容的
- vt. 仔细考虑；商议
CET4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
de-, 向下，强调。-liber, 秤，称量，词源同Libra,equilibrium.引申义反复称量的，故意的。
- deliberate: see deliver
- deliberate (adj.)
- early 15c., "done with careful consideration," from Latin deliberatus "resolved upon, determined," past participle of deliberare (see deliberation). Meaning "slow, consciously unhurried" is attested by 1590s. Related: Deliberately.
- deliberate (v.)
- 1540s, from Latin deliberatus, past participle of deliberare (see deliberation). Related: Deliberated; deliberating.
- 1. He got sent off for deliberate handball in the 32nd minute.
- 2. The Deputy Commander has condemned this weekend's protest as deliberate provocation.
- 3. It's not clear whether the incident was an accident or deliberate.
- 4. It was both deliberate and malicious, not to mention clever.
- 5. It has a deliberate policy to introduce world art to Britain.
[ deliberate 造句 ]