- vt. 吸收；使同化；把…比作；使相似
- vi. 吸收；同化
CET6 TEM8 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
1、as- "to" + simil- "make similar" + -ate.
- assimilate (v.)
- early 15c., from Latin assimilatus "feigned, pretended, fictitious," past participle of assimilare "to make like," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + simulare "make similar," from similis "like, resembling" (see similar). Originally transitive (with to); intransitive use first recorded 1837. Related: Assimilated; assimilating.
- 1. His family tried to assimilate into the white and Hispanic communities.
- 2. The Vietnamese are trying to assimilate themselves and become Americans.
- 3. The committee will need time to assimilate this report.
- 4. Many people who are disillusioned in reality assimilate life to a dream.
- 5. Some foreigners assimilate easily into our way of life.
[ assimilate 造句 ]