英 [sək'sesfʊl; -f(ə)l]
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
- successful (adj.)
- 1580s, from success + -ful. Originally "having or resulting in any kind of success;" since late 19c. it has tended to mean "wealthy, resulting in financial prosperity" unless otherwise indicated. Related: Successfully.
- 1. I wasn't successful, so they looked down on me.
- 2. One of the keys to successful business is careful planning.
- 3. Was he born to be successful, or did he just luck out?
- 4. Both had successful careers and the future looked bright.
- 5. We have been successful because we are offering a quality service.
[ successful 造句 ]