- pleurisy:  Greek pleurá, a word of unknown origin, denoted ‘side’ or ‘rib’. It came to be used as an anatomical term for the ‘inner lining of the chest, containing the lungs’, and the derivative pleurítis ‘inflammation of the chest lining’ was coined (apparently by the physician Hippocrates). This passed into Latin as pleurītis, which in post-classical times evolved to pleurisis. Old French took this over as pleurisie, whence English pleurisy.
- pleurisy (n.)
- late 14c., from Old French pleurisie (13c., Modern French pleurésie) and directly from Late Latin pleurisis "pleurisy," alteration of Latin pleuritis "pain in the side," from Greek pleuritis, from pleura "side of the body, rib," of unknown origin. Spelling altered in Late Latin on model of Latin stem plur- "more" (as in Medieval Latin pluritas "multitude"), as if in reference to "excess of humors."
- 1. Objective : To Study the treatment mechanism of Xiaoshui powder on tuberculous pleurisy.
- 目的: 研究消水散治疗结核性胸水的机制.
- 2. How many money should the cure of pleurisy spend probably?
- 胸膜炎的治疗大概要花多少钱 呢 ?
- 3. Objective : To explore the diagnosis and treatment of senile tuberculosis exudative pleurisy.
- 目的: 探讨老年人结核性渗出性胸膜炎诊断与治疗方法.
- 4. Objective To investigate the diagnostic value of TB Ab in TB pleurisy.
- 5. Asthma, emphysema, tuberculosis, pleurisy or other diseases of the lungs?
- 哮喘 、 气肿 、 结核病 、 胸膜炎或其他肺部疾病?
[ pleurisy 造句 ]