来自阿拉伯语shah mat. shah, 王，mat, 杀。即将杀死你的王，将军。
- checkmate (n.)
- mid-14c., from Old French eschec mat (Modern French échec et mat), which (with Spanish jaque y mate, Italian scacco-matto) is from Arabic shah mat "the king died" (see check (n.1)), which according to Barnhart is a misinterpretation of Persian mat "be astonished" as mata "to die," mat "he is dead." Hence Persian shah mat, if it is the ultimate source of the word, would be literally "the king is left helpless, the king is stumped."
- checkmate (v.)
- late 14c.; see checkmate (n.). Related: Checkmated; checkmating.
- 1. A move in chess that directly attacks an opponent's king but does not constitute a checkmate.
- 将军下棋中直接进攻对方的“国王 ” 但并没有彻底将死的一着.
- 2. His search for a move that would avoid checkmate was unsuccessful.
- 3. Crammer , use checkmate , is not to use those who color.
- 谎言, 是用来击破的,而不是用来粉饰的.
- 4. One explosion, another, checkmate.
- 一个爆炸, 另一个, 将军.
- 5. When fight, we handle this kind of problem to adopt the measure of each checkmate normally.
- 在作战时, 我们处理这类问题通常采取各个击破的办法.
[ checkmate 造句 ]