- vt. 为…理发；修整
- n. 理发师
- vi. 当理发师
- n. (Barber)人名；(西)巴尔韦尔；(英)巴伯；(罗)巴尔伯
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- barber: see beard
- barber (n.)
- c. 1300, from Anglo-French barbour (attested as a surname from early 13c.), from Old French barbeor, barbieor (Modern French barbier, which has a more restricted sense than the English word), from Vulgar Latin *barbatorem, from Latin barba "beard" (see barb (n.)). Originally also regular practitioners of surgery, they were restricted to haircutting and dentistry under Henry VIII.
- 1. She had to call a barber to shave him.
- 2. She asked the barber to crop her hair short.
- 3. The barber gave him a shave and a haircut.
- 4. The barber thinned out his customer's thick hair.
- 5. I asked the barber for a trim.
[ barber 造句 ]