- limpid: see lymph
- limpid (adj.)
- c. 1600, from French limpide (15c.) and directly from Latin limpidus "clear," from limpa "water goddess, water;" probably cognate with lympha "clear liquid" (see lymph). Related: Limpidly.
- 1. He thought the speech a model of its kind, limpid and unaffected.
- 2. In North China , however, it is particularly, limpid, serene and melancholy.
- 可是啊, 北国的秋, 却特别地来得清,来得静, 来得悲凉.
来自汉英文学 - 散文英译
- 3. He has a pair of limpid blue eyes.
- 4. It's only in those limpid eyes of hers that you see she's been through a lot.
来自汉英文学 - 家（1-26） - 家（1-26）
- 5. There were no clouds , the sun was going down in a limpid, gold - washed sky.
- 天上没有一丝云影, 太阳在清澈, 镀了金似的天空往下落.
[ limpid 造句 ]