- n. 泛滥成灾；超出限度
- vt. 泛滥；超过；蹂躏
- vi. 泛滥；蔓延
1. over "遍布在…的上面；扩展到…的全部" + run.
2. over- "above normal" + run.
3. over- "above, beyond" + run.
- overrun (v.)
- Old English oferyrnan; see over- + run (v.). The noun meaning "excess expenditure over budget" is from 1956. Related: Overran; overrunning.
- 1. Padua and Vicenza are prosperous, well-preserved cities, not overrun by tourists.
- 2. The flower beds were overrun with grasses.
- 3. The Roman Empire was overrun by Nordic barbarians.
- 4. The stores were overrun with rats and mice.
- 5. The house was completely overrun with mice.
[ overrun 造句 ]