- n. 唾液；涎
- n. (Saliva)人名；(俄)萨利瓦
TEM4 GRE TOEFL
来自拉丁语 saliva,痰，词源不详。可能来自 PIE*sal,污垢，污物，脏的，词源同 sallow,脏的， 土黄色的。
- saliva (n.)
- early 15c., from Middle French salive, from Latin saliva "spittle," of unknown origin (perhaps, as Tucker suggests, somehow derived from the base of sallow (adj.)).
- 1. Michael was showing the nurse how to suction his saliva.
- 2. He wiped a dribble of saliva from his chin.
- 3. Saliva dribbled from the baby's mouth.
- 4. She tried to spit in Michael's face but she had no saliva.
- 5. There was an excess of saliva in his mouth.
[ saliva 造句 ]