caco-, 糟糕的，坏的，词源同cack, 屎。-phone, 声音。
- cacophony (n.)
- 1650s, from Greek kakophonia, from kakophonos "harsh sounding," from kakos "bad, evil" (see caco-) + phone "voice, sound," from PIE root *bha- (2) "to speak, tell, say" (see fame (n.)). Related: Cacophonous.
- 1. All around was bubbling a cacophony of voices.
- 2. From its cacophony of sound, the room has suddenly become very still.
- 3. Instant cacophony as the crowd inched forward step by step, coming, they're coming!
- 紧跟着人声嘈乱起来,整群的人象机器似的一齐向前拥了一寸,又一寸, 来了! 来了!
来自汉英文学 - 骆驼祥子
- 4. The drivers behind him honked, and the cacophony grew louder.
- 后面的司机还在按喇叭, 且那刺耳的声音越来越大.
- 5. The cacophony lasted a long time and then suddenly stopped.
[ cacophony 造句 ]