- calligraphy: see kaleidoscope
- calligraphy (n.)
- 1610s, from Greek kaligraphia, from kallos "beauty" (see Callisto) + graphein "to write" (see -graphy). Related: Calligraphic. The usual comb. form in Greek was kalli- "beautiful, fine, happy, favorable;" kalo- was a later, rarer alternative form.
- 1. Susannah won the calligraphy prize when she was at school.
- 2. His effortless calligraphy has an unconventional grace of its own.
- 3. At the calligraphy competition, people asked him to write a few characters.
- 书法比赛会上, 人们请他留字.
- 4. He takes special liking to [ for ] painting and calligraphy .
- 他对于 书画 有很深的 癖好.
- 5. Do you love calligraphy?
- 你喜欢书法 吗 ?
[ calligraphy 造句 ]