cow, 牛，母牛。slip, 委婉拼写，来自slop, 猪水，粪。因生长于牛粪堆而得名。
- cowslip: [OE] Old English cūslyppe literally meant ‘cow dung’ (a variant cūsloppe, which survived dialectally into the 20th century as cowslop, suggests that its second element is related to slop and sloppy). The name presumably came from the plant’s growing in pastures where cows commonly graze, and perhaps even from some perceived symbiosis with cow-pats.
- cowslip (n.)
- Old English cu-slyppe, apparently from cu "cow" (see cow (n.)) + slyppe "slop, slobber, dung" (see slop (n.1)).
- 1. She cooked pease - pudding, and baked the bread and made cowslip wine and cherry - brandy.
- 她会做豌豆布丁, 烤面包,用黄花九轮草做樱桃白兰地.
来自英汉非文学 - 民俗
- 2. Does cowslip grow in tropic countries?
- 西洋樱草生长于热带国家 吗 ?
- 3. In a cowslip's bell I lie ( Shakespeare )
- 我躺在野樱草的钟形花冠中 ( 莎士比亚 )
- 4. The yellow cowslip and the pale primrose.
[ cowslip 造句 ]