- vt. 取样；尝试；抽样检查
- n. 样品；样本；例子
- adj. 试样的，样品的；作为例子的
- n. (Sample)人名；(英)桑普尔
CET4 TEM4 考 研 TOEFL CET6
2. s(蛇) + ample(充足) => 蛇很多，可以用来做sample.
来自盎格鲁法语 saumple,缩写自古法语 essample,异化自拉丁语 exemplum,样本，词源同 example.引申词义抽样，取样等。
- sample: see example
- sample (n.)
- c. 1300, "something which confirms a proposition or statement," from Anglo-French saumple, a shortening of Old French essample, from Latin exemplum "a sample" (see example). Meaning "small quantity (of something) from which the general quality (of the whole) may be inferred" (usually in a commercial sense) is recorded from early 15c.; sense of "specimen for scientific sampling" is from 1878. As an adjective from 1820.
- sample (v.)
- "to test by taking a sample," 1767, from sample (n.). Earlier "to be a match for" (1590s). Related: Sampled; sampling.
- 1. These figures were often spuriously computed by selecting particularly favorable sample groups.
- 2. The sample was selected from the medical records of two general practices.
- 3. They asked me to do some sample drawings.
- 4. 60 percent of the sample answered negatively.
- 5. The sperm sample is produced by masturbation.
[ sample 造句 ]