- adj. 陶瓷的；陶器的；制陶艺术的
- n. 陶瓷；陶瓷制品
CET6+ IELTS GRE
1. ceram- (谐音“谁来墓”) + -ic (suffix) => 到底是谁来古墓里盗走了古墓里那些陪葬的珍贵的陶瓷？
可能来自词根crem, 燃烧，词源同carbon, cremate, hearth.
- ceramic (adj.)
- 1850, keramic, from Greek keramikos, from keramos "potter's clay, pottery, tiles," perhaps from a pre-Hellenic word. Watkins suggests possible connection with Latin cremare "to burn," but Klein's sources are firmly against this. Spelling influenced by French céramique (1806). Related: ceramist (1855). Ceramics is attested from 1857.
- 1. The walls and floors are clad with ceramic tiles.
- 2. The order for ceramic tiles has been booked in.
- 3. Some ceramic works of art are shown in this exhibition.
- 4. Various ceramic materials have been suggested as supports for reforming catalyst.
- 5. Common ceramic elements are barium titanate and lead zirconate - titanate.
[ ceramic 造句 ]