TEM8 GRE TOEFL
来自希腊语phren, 脑，思维，词源同frenzy, phrenology. 即大脑思维出问题的，发狂的。
- frenetic (adj.)
- late 14c., frenetik, "temporarily deranged, delirious, crazed," from Old French frenetike "mad, crazy" (13c.), from Latin phreneticus "delirious," alteration of Greek phrenitikos, from phrenitis "frenzy," literally "inflammation of the brain," from phren "mind, reason," also "diaphragm" (see phreno-) + -itis "inflammation." The classical ph- sometimes was restored from mid-16c. (see phrenetic). Related: Frenetical; frenetically. Compare frantic.
- 1. a scene of frenetic activity
- 2. It generated much excitement and frenetic activity.
- 3. This frenetic activity is the sign of a worried man.
- 4. I therefore plunged into a frenetic period of intense diplomacy.
- 5. And how many charges will Fisher draw against the overly - frenetic Brooks?
- 费舍尔面对狂热的布鲁克将有多少进攻机会 呢 ?
[ frenetic 造句 ]