- n. 拙劣的模仿；诙谐的改编诗文
- vt. 拙劣模仿
TEM8 IELTS GRE
1. from para- "beside, parallel to" (in this case, "mock-") + oide "song, ode" (see ode).
2. ode => parody.
- parody: see prosody
- parody (n.)
- 1590s (first recorded use in English is in Ben Jonson), from or in imitation of Latin parodia "parody," from Greek paroidia "burlesque song or poem," from para- "beside, parallel to" (see para- (1), in this case, "mock-") + oide "song, ode" (see ode). The meaning "poor or feeble imitation" is from 1830. Related: Parodic; parodical.
- parody (v.)
- c. 1745, from parody (n.). Related: Parodied; parodying.
- 1. The first trial was a parody of justice.
- 2. a parody of a horror film
- 3. She has become a grotesque parody of her former elegant self.
- 4. The trial was a parody of justice.
- 5. "The Scarlet Capsule" was a parody of the popular 1959 TV series "The Quatermass Experiment"
[ parody 造句 ]