- vanadium (n.)
- rare metallic element, 1833, named 1830 by Swedish chemist Nils Gabriel Sefström (1787-1845), from Old Norse Vanadis, one of the names of the Norse beauty goddess Freyja (perhaps from PIE *wen- (1) "to desire, strive for," which would connect it to Venus); the metal perhaps so called for of its colorful compounds (an earlier name for it was erythronium, for the redness of its salts when heated). Related: Vanadous; vanadious.
- 1. Some sea animals accumulate elements like vanadium and iodine within their cells.
- 2. A mesostructured titanium - vanadium oxide has been synthesized using n - dodecylamine as a template.
- 3. An iron filings microelectrolysis - coprecipitation process has been used to treat vanadium - containing wastewater.
- 采用铁屑微电解 — 共沉淀法处理含钒废水.
- 4. However, vanadium steel GFC 1 real situation is very bad.
- 然而, 钢钒GFC1的真实处境却十分糟糕.
- 5. Objective To explore the determination method of Vanadium content in cassia seed.
[ vanadium 造句 ]