- hobnail (n.)
- 1590s, the first element probably identical with hob "rounded peg or pin used as a mark or target in games" (1580s), of unknown origin. See hob. Because they were used to make rough shoes, the word was used figuratively for "rustic person" 17c. and after. Related: Hobnailed.
- 1. His hobnail boots clattered on the stone floor.
- 2. Do red hobnail and hobnail of prop drawing form have without distinction?
- 3. Strut of cell of tube wall endodermis, appear hobnail kind dash forward to tubal antrum.
- 管壁内皮细胞肿胀, 似鞋钉样突向管腔.
- 4. The epithelial elements were variable in cell types including cuboidal, hobnail and columnar cells.
- 上皮细胞可呈立方状、柱状 、 鞋钉样.
[ hobnail 造句 ]