- n. 电车轨道；煤车
- vt. 用煤车运载
- vi. 乘电车
CET6+ TEM4 CET4 考 研 CET6
来自苏格兰词 tram,一种在煤井矿道运煤的小推车，可能来自荷兰语方言 tram,木柱，车把手， 词源不详。后用于指有轨电车。
- tram:  Tram was borrowed from Middle Low German or Middle Dutch trame ‘balk of timber, beam’, a word of unknown origin. It was originally used in English for the ‘shafts’ of a cart, and then for the cart itself. The track on which such carts ran in mines and similar places came to be known as tramlines, and this term was adopted in the 19th century for a track used for passenger road vehicles. These in turn were called tramcars, or trams for short.
- tram (n.)
- c. 1500, "beam or shaft of a barrow or sledge," also "a barrow or truck body" (1510s), Scottish, originally in reference to the iron trucks used in coal mines, probably from Middle Flemish tram "beam, handle of a barrow, bar, rung," a North Sea Germanic word of unknown origin. The sense of "track for a barrow, tramway" is first recorded 1826; that of "streetcar" is first recorded 1879, short for tram-car "car used on a tramway" (1873).
- 1. In 1882, London's first electric tram cars went into service.
- 2. The conductor blew his whistle, and the tram stopped.
- 售票员吹哨子, 电车停了下来.
- 3. Methods: The safety limit of TRAM is usually divided to 4 section.
- 方法: 将下腹部TRAM皮瓣的安全界限分为四区.
- 4. Methods: The abdominal defect after TRAM transfer in 10 cases was repaired by a polypropylene mesh.
- 5. You can get to the beach easily from the centre of town by tram.
[ tram 造句 ]