1、con- "together" + clav- + -e.
2、probably originally "a room which may be locked". => private assembly, a place where cardinals meet to elect a pope.
con-, 强调。-clav, 钥匙，锁匙，词源同clavicle, close. 即锁住的房间，原指主教聚集在一起选举教皇的会议。
- conclave: see clavier
- conclave (n.)
- late 14c., "a place where cardinals meet to elect a pope," from Italian conclave, from Latin conclave "a room, chamber suite," probably originally "a room which may be locked," from com- "together" (see com-) + clavis "a key" (see slot (n.2)). Extended sense of "private assembly" is first recorded 1560s.
- 1. A conclave of cardinals was held to elect the new Pope.
- 2. This sage conclave disputed high and drank deep.
- 3. Signore, I ask and I prey, that you break this conclave.
- 各位阁下, 我请求,并祈祷, 你们能停止这次秘密会议.
- 4. I met my partner at that conclave and my life moved into a huge shift.
- 5. I, Earth Mother, am working with this paradigm with the creation of the Masters Conclave.
- 我, 地球母亲, 在大师秘会(MastersConclave)的创造之中正与这一范式一起工作.
[ conclave 造句 ]