1、con- "with, together" + dol- + -e.
2、字面含义：suffer with another, suffer together.
- condole (v.)
- late 15c., "to sorrow," from Late Latin condolere "to suffer with another," from com- "with" (see com-) + dolere "to grieve." Meaning "to express condolences" is recorded from 1650s. Related: Condoled; condoling.
- 1. We condole with him on [ up on ] his loss.
- 我们对他的损失 深表 同情.
- 2. We condole with him on his loss.
- 3. I condole with you on your father's death.
- 4. I condole with you. We have lost a most dear and valuable relation.
- 我向你表示唁慰. 我们失去了一位最可爱的、最可贵的亲人.
- 5. I should never presume to condole with Mr. Ralph; we're not on those terms.
- 我知道拉尔夫先生是不需要我的安慰的, 我们没有那种关系.
[ condole 造句 ]