TEM8 GRE TOEFL
con-, 强调。-gen, 生育，词源同gene, generate.
- congenital (adj.)
- "existing from birth," 1796, from Latin congenitus, from com- "together, with" (see com-) + genitus, past participle of gignere "to beget" (see genus). The sense formerly belonged to congenial. Related: Congenitally.
- 1. When John was 17, he died of congenital heart disease.
- 2. He was a congenital liar and usually in debt.
- 3. a congenital inability to tell the truth
- 4. He has a congenital heart defect.
- 5. Clefts are often associated with other more serious congenital defects.
[ congenital 造句 ]