- n. 快乐主义者；享乐主义者
- adj. 享乐主义者的
- hedonist (n.)
- 1822, in reference to the Cyrenaic school of philosophy that deals with the ethics of pleasure, from Greek hedonikos "pleasurable," from hedone "pleasure," related to hedys "sweet," cognate with Latin suavis (see sweet). A hedonist is properly the follower of any ethical system in which some sort of pleasure ranks as the highest good. The Epicurian identifies this pleasure with the practice of virtue.
- 1. As a hedonist, I survive only for pleasure.
- 2. I was a spiritual hedonist, and wished tothe gratification of making this novel and piquant acquaintance.
- 我是一个精神享乐主义者, 希望与这位活泼的新朋友相识而带来的喜悦能经久不衰.
- 3. All this was contrasted with the egocentric, hedonist , carefree existence of the man - about - town.
- 这一切, 又是对比与自我中心, 无忧无虑的存在人为约集镇.
- 4. Eg : Stephen an unabashed hedonist, indulging his urges with lavish meals and multiple sexual partners.
- 史蒂芬 是个不知羞耻的享乐主义者,沉溺于大吃大喝和滥交中.
[ hedonist 造句 ]