- adj. 热忱的，诚恳的；兴奋的
- n. 补品；兴奋剂；甜香酒，甘露酒
CET6 TEM4 CET4 IELTS GRE 考 研
1、cordi- + -al.
2、cord- + -ial.
3、含义：heartfelt, from the heart, of the heart.
4、The noun is late 14c., originally "medicine, food, or drink that stimulates the heart".
来自词根cord, 心，词源同heart, courage.
- cordial (adj.)
- late 14c., "of the heart," from Middle French cordial, from Medieval Latin cordialis "of or for the heart," from Latin cor (genitive cordis) "heart," from PIE root *kerd- (1) "heart" (see heart (n.)). Meaning "heartfelt, from the heart" is mid-15c. The noun is late 14c., originally "medicine, food, or drink that stimulates the heart." Related: Cordiality.
- 1. The conversation was carried on in a cordial and friendly atmosphere.
- 2. The meeting of the old classmates was extremely cordial.
- 3. We maintain cordial relations with our neighbors.
- 4. The hostess is very cordial.
- 5. He was cordial in all his letters.
[ cordial 造句 ]