- n. 大丽花，大丽花属
- n. (Dahlia)人名；(英)戴利娅；(西)达利亚，达利娅(女名)
来自其发现者18世纪瑞典植物学家Anders Dahl. -ia,花属名，词源同fuchsia.
- dahlia:  The dahlia was named in 1791 in honour of Anders Dahl, an 18th-century Swedish botanist who discovered the plant in Mexico in 1788. The first record of the term in English is from 1804. During the 19th century it was used for a particular shade of red: ‘One of the many ugly shades that are to be worn this season is dahlia’, Pall Mall Gazette 29 September 1892.
- dahlia (n.)
- 1804, named 1791 by Spanish botanist Antonio José Cavanilles for Anders Dahl (1751-1789), Swedish botanist and pupil of Linnaeus, who discovered it in Mexico in 1788. The likelihood that a true blue variety of the flower never could be cultivated was first proposed by French-Swiss botanist Augustin Pyramus de Candolle, and noted in English by 1835; hence blue dahlia, figurative expression for "something impossible or unattainable" (1866).
- 1. Some favoured dahlia, others preferred the bright geranium.
- 一些人偏爱天竺牡丹; 另一些人则比较喜欢鲜艳的天竺葵.
- 2. Dahlia : It is the mark of Samael. Don't let it be completed.
- 那是恶魔 萨麦尔 的印记. 千万不要让它完成了.
- 3. Dahlia: Evil waits in vengeance. Be careful what you choose.
- 达丽雅: 恶魔在等着复仇. 小心你的选择.
- 4. Dahlia, Zephine, and especially Favourite, could not have said as much.
- 大丽, 瑟芬, 尤其是宠儿, 都不可能有那种痴情.
- 5. Dahlia . We fight for the sin, not the sinner.
[ dahlia 造句 ]