- vi. 嘲笑，冷笑
- vt. 嘲笑，冷笑
- n. 嘲笑，冷笑
CET6+ TEM4 GRE CET6
来自辅音丛 sn-,鼻子，闻，嗅，发鼻音，比较 sneer,snore,snicker,sniff,snuff.引申词义嘲笑， 讥讽。
- sneer (v.)
- 1550s, "to snort" (of horses), perhaps from North Frisian sneere "to scorn," related to Old English fnæran "to snort, gnash one's teeth," of imitative origin (compare Danish snærre "to grin like a dog," Middle Dutch, Middle High German snarren "to rattle"). Meaning "to smile contemptuously" is from 1670s; sense of "to curl the upper lip in scorn" is attested from 1775. Related: Sneered; sneering. Sneer word is in E. Digby Baltzell (1987).
- sneer (n.)
- 1707, from sneer (v.).
- 1. Canete's mouth twisted in a contemptuous sneer.
- 2. Oh, is it? … said the sheriff with a sneer.
- “噢, 是 吗 ?”司法官冷笑着说.
- 3. He said with a sneer.
- 4. Compare smirk, sneer, frown, scowl and grimace.
- 试比较smirk 、 sneer 、 frown 、 scowl、grimace这几个词.
- 5. There were always those who dismissed him with a sneer, saying he wasn't British by birth.
[ sneer 造句 ]