- Adonis (n.)
- "a beau," 1620s, from Greek Adonis, name of the youth beloved by Aphrodite, from Phoenician adon "lord," probably originally "ruler," from base a-d-n "to judge, rule." Adonai is the Hebrew cognate.
- 1. Rudolph, the Adonis of the silent films, had one great quality — to make women feel weak at the knees.
- 鲁道夫, 这部无声电影中的美男子, 有一个绝妙的本事——使女人感到两腿发软.
- 2. Her character as a goddess of vegetation is shown in the story of Adonis.
来自英汉非文学 - 百科语料821
- 3. Did you see that Adonis in Tom's study group?
- 你看见汤姆学习小组里那个帅哥了 吗 ?
- 4. Among her mortal lovers, the most famous was perhaps Adonis.
- 在她的凡人情人中, 最著名的可能要数阿多尼斯了.
- 5. I think you may deign to marry me . I don't want to be an Adonis.
[ Adonis 造句 ]