- vt. 辩论，争论，讨论
- vi. 辩论，争论，讨论
- n. 辩论；辩论会
CET4 TEM4 GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
de-, 加强。-bat, 击打，词源同beat, batter. 引申义交锋，争辩。
- debate (v.)
- late 14c., "to quarrel, dispute," also "discuss, deliberate upon the pros and cons of," from Old French debatre (13c., Modern French débattre), originally "to fight," from de- "down, completely" (see de-) + batre "to beat" (see battery). Related: Debated; debating.
- debate (n.)
- early 14c., "a quarrel, dispute, disagreement," from Old French debat; see debate (v.). Sense of "a formal dispute, a debating contest" is perhaps from early 15c.
- 1. There needs to be a properly informed public debate.
- 2. His comments are bound to add fuel to the debate.
- 3. A full-scale debate is under way on what ails the industry.
- 4. There is a debate about his fitness for the highest office.
- 5. To add spice to the debate, they disagreed about method and ideology.
[ debate 造句 ]