CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 CET6
1. 出去的东西当然是支出 => expense, 那么返回来的东西理所当然的就是收入了 => revenue.
2. income <===> revenue, 构词成分及原理差不多，含义当然也差不多，很相近。
3. expense <===> revenue.
4. expense <===> income.
5. 由于re-的“back”含义，所以该词多指带有投资出去后然后所得到的回报性的收益。如 (公司、组织或政府的) 收入，国家的税收。
- revenue (n.)
- early 15c., "income from property or possessions," from Middle French revenue, in Old French, "a return," noun use of fem. past participle of revenir "come back" (10c.), from Latin revenire "return, come back," from re- "back" (see re-) + venire "come" (see venue). Meaning "public income" is first recorded 1680s; revenue sharing popularized from 1971. Revenuer "U.S. Department of Revenue agent," the bane of Appalachian moonshiners, first attested 1880.
- 1. Tax frauds are dealt with by the Inland Revenue.
- 2. The Internal Revenue Service sought to disallow the payments.
- 3. a shortfall in tax revenue
- 4. The Commissioners of Inland Revenue control British national taxes.
- 5. The reckoning up of revenue and expenditure shows a small surplus.
[ revenue 造句 ]