- n. 运动衫，毛线衫
- n. (Jersey)人名；(英)泽西；(德)耶尔赛
- jersey (n.)
- 1580s as a type of knitted cloth; 1842 as a breed of cattle; both from Jersey, one of the Channel Islands. Its name is said to be a corruption of Latin Caesarea, the Roman name for the island (or another near it), influenced by Old English ey "island;" but perhaps rather a Viking name (perhaps meaning "Geirr's island"). The meaning "woolen knitted close-fitting tunic," especially one worn during sporting events, is from 1836.
- 1. His grey jersey and trousers were sodden with the rain.
- 2. They traced the van to a New Jersey car rental agency.
- 3. Sheila had come to dinner in a black jersey top.
- 4. She is wearing tight, black leggings and a baggy green jersey.
- 5. He arrived in San Francisco, having left New Jersey on January 19th.
[ jersey 造句 ]