CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 CET6
- simplify (v.)
- 1650s, from French simplifier "to make simpler" (15c.), from Medieval Latin simplificare "to simplify," from Latin simplex "simple" (see simplex) + root of facere "to make" (see factitious). Meaning "to make easier to do" is from 1759. Related: Simplified; simplifying.
- 1. Try to simplify your explanation for the children.
- 2. That will simplify my task.
- 3. More needs to be done to simplify the process of registering to vote.
- 4. To simplify the exercise, the cost of land was not included.
- 为了简化帐目, 没有把土地费用考虑在内.
- 5. For one thing, they simplify the design of a rocket engine.
- 首先, 它们可以简化火箭发动机的设计.
[ simplify 造句 ]