缩写自 Tom Swift's electric rifle,科幻小说中的武器，原为大写，专有名词，后通俗化。Tom Swift 为 20 世纪早期美国科幻小说中的英雄人物。
- Taser (n.)
- 1972, formed (probably on model of laser, etc.) from the initials of Tom Swift's electric rifle, a fictitious weapon. A word that threatens to escape the cage of its copyright, despite the strenuous efforts of the owners, who are within their rights to fight to hold it. They also insist, via their attorneys, that it be written all in capitals. Tom Swift was the hero of a series of early 20c. American sci-fi/adventure novels, one of which was titled "Tom Swift and His Electric Rifle." It seems to have spawned a verb, taze or tase. Related: Tased; tasing.
- 1. Almost immediately there is another clicking as the Taser and Wells screams.
- 2. Description : 2008 CES Taser Booth Apparently you can volunteer yourself to get tasered.
- 3. Neither Montgomery nor Prince George's county police has recorded a fatality from Taser use.
- 4. Even the angriest mobs would probably think twice about trying to pass a Taser Shockwave barrier.
- 5. A group of guards emerge from the door and shoot Jack with a Taser dart.
[ Taser 造句 ]