- vt. 鞭打；冲击；摆动；扎捆；煽动；讽刺
- vi. 鞭打；猛击；急速甩动
- n. 鞭打；睫毛；鞭子；责骂；讽刺
- n. (Lash)人名；(英)拉希
CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
1. eyelash => lash.
2. lace => lash.
- lash (n.)
- c. 1300, las "a blow, a stroke," later "flexible part of a whip" (late 14c.), possibly imitative. The verb might be the source of the noun.
- lash (v.2)
- "bind," 1620s, originally nautical, from Middle French lachier, from Old French lacier "to lace" (see lace (v.)). Related: Lashed; lashing.
- lash (v.1)
- "to strike with a whip," c. 1300, "to deal a blow;" later "to whip" (late 14c.); see lash (n.). Lash out "to strike out violently" is from 1560s. Related: Lashed; lashing.
- 1. Never before had he felt the full lash of John's temper.
- 2. He received a lash of her hand on his cheek.
- 3. Lash the piece of wood to the pole to make it longer.
- 4. With a lash of its tail the tiger leaped at her.
- 5. Lash the two pieces of wood together to make them stronger.
[ lash 造句 ]