- n. 杂种；混血儿；杂种动物
- adj. 杂种的；混血儿的
- mongrel:  The etymological notion underlying mongrel is of a ‘mixture’. For the word goes back ultimately to the prehistoric Germanic base *mong- ‘mix’, which also produced English among and mingle .
=> among, mingle
- mongrel (n.)
- late 15c., "mixed-breed dog," from obsolete mong "mixture," from Old English gemong "mingling" (base of among), from Proto-Germanic *mangjan "to knead together" (see mingle). With pejorative suffix -rel. Meaning "person not of pure race" is from 1540s. As an adjective from 1570s.
- 1. The dog, an ungainly mongrel pup, was loping about the road.
- 2. The mongrel presented his muzzle for scratching.
- 3. The English word " television " is a mongrel because " tele " comes from Greek and " vision " from Latin.
- 英语 television 是个语源混杂的词,因为 tele 来自希腊文,vision来自拉丁文.
- 4. " Nah, " my dad said,'she's just a mongrel bitch. "
- “ 不行 ”,我爸说, “ 她不过是一条杂种母狗罢了 ”
- 5. Right, you're that little mongrel I fetch here sometimes.
- 哦,对了, 你就是那个小屁孩我见过你几次.
[ mongrel 造句 ]