- vt. 拆除；取消；解散；除掉…的覆盖物
- vi. 可拆卸
CET6+ TEM8 GRE
1、dis- "off, away" + mant- "cloak" + -le.
- dismantle (v.)
- 1570s, from Middle French desmanteler "to tear down the walls of a fortress," literally "strip of a cloak," from des- "off, away" (see dis-) + manteler "to cloak" (see mantle). Related: Dismantled; dismantling.
- 1. I had to dismantle the engine in order to repair it.
- 2. The mower firmly refused to mow, so I decided to dismantle it.
- 修完后割草机还是纹丝不动, 于是,我决定把它拆开.
- 3. He asked for immediate help from the United States to dismantle the warheads.
- 4. The estate carpenters were collected to dismantle the bed.
- 5. Opening a new window just must dismantle on the part of roof.
[ dismantle 造句 ]