- n. 轮盘赌；刻骑缝孔的点线机；（邮票的）骑缝孔；旋轮线
- vt. 给…滚压骑线孔
1. roll => roulette.
来自法语 roulette,小轮子，赌盘，来自拉丁语 rotella,小轮子，来自 rota,轮子，-ella,小词后缀， 词源同 rotary,roll.
- roulette (n.)
- 1734, "small wheel," from French roulette "gambling game played with a revolving wheel," literally "small wheel," from Old French roelete "little wheel" (12c.), formed on model of Late Latin rotella, diminutive of Latin rota "wheel" (see rotary). The game of chance so-called from 1745.
- 1. You are playing Russian roulette every time you have unprotected sex.
- 2. The airline was accused of playing Russian roulette with passenger safety.
- 3. I decided to try my luck at the roulette wheel.
- 4. An amateur shouldn't play roulette for high stakes.
- 5. I think I'll try my luck at roulette.
[ roulette 造句 ]