- vt. 打扰；妨碍；使不安；弄乱；使恼怒
- vi. 打扰；妨碍
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1、dis- "completely" + turb-.
dis-, 分开。-turb, 转，搅拌，词源同turn, turbid. 即转开，搅拌开，引申词义扰乱。
- disturb: see trouble
- disturb (v.)
- c. 1300, "to stop or hinder," from Old French destorber (Old North French distourber) and directly from Latin disturbare "throw into disorder," from dis- "completely" (see dis-) + turbare "to disorder, disturb," from turba "turmoil" (see turbid).
Meaning "to frighten" is late 13c.; that of "to stir up, agitate" is c. 1300. Related: Disturbed; disturbing; disturbingly. Middle English also had distourbler (n.) "one who disturbs or incites" (late 14c.).
- 1. The pictures were sensationalist and could seriously disturb younger readers.
- 2. She patted Mona, taking care not to disturb her costume.
- 3. "I'm sorry to disturb you," Webb said gently.
- 4. What could possibly disturb such tranquility?
- 5. I'm sorry to disturb you, but can I talk to you for a moment?
[ disturb 造句 ]