1. ex- "out" + plic- + -ate.
2. => unfold, unravel, explain.
ex-, 向外。-plic, 卷，卷入，词源同imply, implicate. 即展开，卷开，解释。
- explicate (v.)
- "give a detailed account of," 1530s, from Latin explicatus, past participle of explicare "unfold, unravel, explain" (see explicit). Related: Explicated; explicating.
- 1. My analysis will be mostly an attempt to explicate what the Cox Report would have said if they had been able to properly weigh the conflicting arguments.
- 2. We shall have to explicate its basic assumptions before we can assess its implications.
- 3. The accelerator has been fruitfully combined to explicate economic dynamics.
- 4. English major : you explicate simile and metaphor in the parachute instructions.
- 5. So did Chinese philosophers in ancient time explicate the essence of learning.
[ explicate 造句 ]