CET6 TEM4 TOEFL
1. con- "together" + tent- "hold".
2. => that which is contained.
3. Sense evolved through "contained," "restrained," to "satisfied," as the contented person's desires are bound by what he or she already has.
4. dis- "not" + content.
- 1. An independent opinion poll published today shows growing discontent with the government.
- 2. Any signs of discontent tend to be magnified and overanalyzed.
- 3. The discontent has been fuelled by allegations of corruption in high places.
- 4. Already there are murmurs of discontent.
- 5. There were rumblings of discontent within the ranks.
[ discontent 造句 ]