CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
- meantime (n.)
- also mean time, mid-14c., from mean (adj.2) "middle, intermediate" + time (n.). Late 14c. as an adverb. In the mean space "meanwhile" was in use 16c.-18c.
- 1. In the meantime the war of nerves seems likely to continue.
- 2. I'll contact them soon. Meantime don't tell them I'm back.
- 3. Meantime he was loading the pistols.
- 4. Meantime, here I crouch over a cup of tea in my unheated study.
- 5. I'd been doing some quiet investigating in the meantime and had an ace up my sleeve.
[ meantime 造句 ]