- n. 飞地（指在本国境内的隶属另一国的一块领土）；被包围的领土；被包围物
1、en- "in" + clav- + -e.
2、字面含义：shut in, lock in. => enclose, surrounded by land owned by another.
en-, 进入，使。-clave, 钥匙，锁住，词源同clavicle, conclave, close.
- enclave (n.)
- "small portion of one country which is entirely surrounded by the territory of another," 1868, from French enclave, from Old French enclaver "enclose, comprise, include" (13c.), from Late Latin inclavare "shut in, lock up," from Latin in- "in" (see in- (2)) + clavis "key" (see slot (n.2)). Enclaved "surrounded by land owned by another" is attested in English from mid-15c., from Old French enclaver.
- 1. Nagorno-Karabakh is an Armenian enclave inside Azerbaijan.
- 2. West Berlin is an enclave in East Germany.
- 西柏林四周都是东德(民主德国 ) 的领土
- 3. The attack struck Kabul's diplomatic enclave in the heart of the city.
- 4. The rebel enclave is coming under sustained pressure from the army.
- 5. But California is not America's only green enclave.
[ enclave 造句 ]