1. salv- => save.
2. save => savi- (e音变为i而得到的词根) + -or / -our => savior / saviour.
3. 源自古法语，save => *saveor / *saveour => savior / saviour.
- savior (n.)
- c. 1300, "one who delivers or rescues from peril," also a title of Jesus Christ, from Old French sauveour, from Late Latin salvatorem (nominative salvator) "a saver, preserver" (source also of Spanish salvador, Italian salvatore), from salvatus, past participle of salvare "to save" (see save (v.)). In Christian sense, a translation of Greek soter "savior." Replaced Old English hælend, literally "healing," noun use of present participle of hælan (see heal).
- 1. " Mr. Li is not only the school's benefactor, but also our savior. "
- 李先生不但是学校的功臣, 并且是我们的救命恩人 —— ”
来自汉英文学 - 围城
- 2. Many regarded him as savior of the country.
- 3. Bosnians received him as a savior, but he had different plans.
- 波斯尼亚把他当成救世主, 但他却另有算盘.
- 4. Do you renounce the devil and embrace Jesus Christ as your lord and savior?
- 你愿意抛弃魔鬼并信奉基督为你的主和救赎 吗 ?
- 5. Most humans have fallen into the belief in the savior.
[ savior 造句 ]