- n. 急跑；短距离赛跑（或赛马）
- vi. 急赶；急跑
- vt. 急赶
TEM8 IELTS GRE
1. perhaps from hurry-scurry, a reduplication of hurry.
2. hurry => scurry.
- scurry (v.)
- 1810, perhaps from hurry-scurry (1732), a reduplication of hurry (v.). As a noun, 1823, from the verb.
- 1. The rats scurry around, searching for scraps of food in the rubbish.
- 2. I heard a scurry of footsteps.
- 3. I heard the scurry of feet outside.
- 4. There was a great scurry for bargains.
- 5. Busy boasts chug and scurry about the river - racy speed boat, stolid, snorting tugs.
- 繁忙的船只在河上鸣叫着来来往往 - --高速快艇和笨头笨脑喘着气的拖驳.
[ scurry 造句 ]